EWWR 2020: open registration for the webinar of Sogin Group
11 November 2020
On the XII edition of EWWR - (European Week for Waste Reduction
) with the focus "Invisible waste", Sogin Group promotes the webinar "Innovation for the sustainable management of radioactive waste"
The event will be held Wednesday, 25 November, from 11.00 to 12.45
and participation is open to all, subject to registration
by 23 November.
The webinar aims to deepen the role of innovation
, realized in the ecosystem of Italian innovative start-ups and SMEs
, in managing and reducing the "burden" of waste. In the case of radioactive waste, i.e., those that emit radioactivity, by its very nature invisible, odourless and tasteless, the burden refers to its volume. In fact, the Sogin Group will present the solutions adopted to minimize the radioactive waste volume
(IT Radioactive Objects Management System), the integrated system with blockchain
that, through the optimization of management processes, can lead to a further reduction in the volume of waste produced by nuclear-decommissioning activities, will be discussed. All in an international scenario
that increasingly considers technological innovation as a lever to manage waste sustainably and according to the circular economy principles.
The event will also be an opportunity to stimulate synergies
and activate virtuous circles by comparing the realities of the environmental and technological sectors.
With this initiative, Sogin Group confirms, for the third consecutive year, its adhesion to EWWR, the European campaign aimed at promoting awareness actions on sustainability and proper waste management.
Marco Sabatini Scalmati, Head of Media Relations of Sogin
Q&A Session and conclusions
- Innovation, skills and transversality: policies and actions for the digitalization of the country - Eleonora Faina, General Director of Anitec-Assinform of Confindustria
- Strategies for radioactive waste management: the AIGOR software
- Flaviano Bruno, Head of Radwaste Management and Nuclear Materials at Sogin
- Technological solutions in waste management: decentralized systems and blockchain -
Francesco Lamaro, Project Manager at Infoedge Technology
- Technological innovation as a lever for radioactive waste management in the international scenario
- Federica Pancotti, Technological Innovation Manager at Sogin
- The experience of A2A Ambiente: innovation in waste management
- Marco Farina, Project Manager for the Evaluation and Development of A2A Ambiente projects
To participate in the webinar, which will be held on MS Teams platform, you must register by filling out the
application form by 23 November 2020.