Nucleco has long experience in radiological and chemical characterization and it provides:
- Analysis and preliminary characterization of nuclear facilities and research centres
- Quantification of the radiological inventory and estimation of waste that can be produced during operations and dismantling
- Analysis using non-destructive techniques (NDA: gamma/tomography scanning, active and passive neutron analysis, X-rays, proprietary simulation code and database)
- Analysis with destructive techniques (DA: specimen processing, alpha, beta and gamma spectrometry; chemical analysis)
- Characterization with gamma and neutron systems combined for on-site and off-site surveys (NIWAS, Nucleco Integrated Wasted Assay System)
- Characterization for the unconditional release of waste and facilities.